Friday, February 25, 2011

Phyllis Joural #5

Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Tonight we turn the clocks back an hour again. Here it is 2:45 PM and in Mpls. it is 6:35 AM

I have a new pen pal. He is in Becky Hart’s class. His name is Sahel from Bangladesh. Here is my first letter to him.

Hi! My name is Phyllis Englund and I am from MN. I am an aunt to Becky Hart who is your teacher. I understand you would like to have a pen pal and I would too.

I am on a trip around the world now and will not be back to MN till April 25. We are currently on our way to Cape Town, South Africa. I will do some shopping and sightseeing while I’m there.

Tell me the things you like to do. Are you interested in sports? Do you like living in MN? How old are you?

I am a mother and grandmother. I have 13 grandchildren. Their ages are from 23 to 8. I also have one great grandchild that is 6 months old.

I look forward to hearing from you. Your new pen pal, Phyllis

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Today we went to breakfast and then exercise. We got our green sheet and were told what to expect tomorrow when we land in Cape Town. Today it is very windy and white caps on the ocean. We should be landing about 8:00 AM tomorrow. We hear from others it is a beautiful place to see. I am looking forward to seeing it. This is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans come together. Last night was a very bumpy ride. Not much sleep. Thanks for the comments to those who replied.

Thursday, February 17, 2011
Today we got to see Cape Town from our ship. It looks beautiful but could not go into port because of the wind. It is dangerous and the captain can’t take that chance. It is hard to walk at times and articles get tossed on the floor from dressers. Fortunately I haven’t gotten seasick yet. Several people played hand and foot this afternoon for something to do. Hope we get to port tomorrow. Happy Birthday Lily!

Friday, February 18, 2011
Today we got to get off the ship and see some of Cape Town. It is really a beautiful place. We did some shopping and looked around a bit. Then we met Dave for a glass of wine at an outdoor cafĂ© and watched people. It was really fun sitting and watching. It was very crowded as Bono & U2 were performing at the soccer stadium which is close to downtown area. The weather here has been beautiful –very summer like. I hear MN has cold and snow. I hope it is gone when I get home. Thanks to those of you who commented on my blog. I don’t know if my kids read it or not. I don’t hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment