Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Phyllis Journal #4

Friday, February 11, 2011
Went on bike today. Had Global class this morning. It has been so interesting. I’m glad I don’t have to take tests though I like the students. They work very hard and have a lot of homework and preparation. After lunch this afternoon, Jean, Carol, Linda and I played Hand and Foot . I’m trying to learn to count. Had meeting at 4:00 PM to discuss what we have seen in Ghana. It’s interesting to hear other people’s view of city. Had dinner then listened to a speaker on Cape Town which is our next stop.

Saturday, February 12, 2011
Had breakfast. Read my book. I have been tired today. Tonight we had our extended family for dinner and then we had an ice cream cake for them. It was chocolate and white ice cream and decorated very nicely with sprinkles and said “To our Extended Family”. The students all enjoyed and so did we, Betty, Boyd and myself. We had too much so we had them send their friends over for ice cream cake too. They were happy to share with us. Tonight we set clocks ahead one hour again. I think we are about six hours ahead of MN now. Today went across 0/0 latitude and longitude.

Sunday, February 13, 2011
Went to breakfast and then to Global class and then for a ride on bike. Played hand and foot this afternoon with Carol, Laura and Linda. We are all learning to count. Had meeting at 4:30. We had students and lifelong learners show us pictures and talk about the poverty and bad conditions in Ghana. It is really sad. Drinks in Joe’s room before having dinner. Then we played cards again tonight. Days sure go by fast here. Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone in my family.

Monday, February 14, 2011
Breakfast and then bike. Read my book. Then meeting at 4:00 PM. We had an interesting speaker from Cape Town talk and she was very interesting. Told us about the city and what places we should be careful of going. Always go in numbers. Saturday we are going to rent a bus for day (12 of us) and go shopping and sightseeing. That will be fun. After dinner tonight we played cards.
Is anyone reading the blog? I never have comments. Please let me know how everyone is. Does anyone talk with Diane? Does Dord read the blog? Let me know. Love, Phyl

5 comments:

  1. Hi Phyllis! I have been reading the blog and checking for updates nearly every day. It is so fun to read what you've been up to on the ship and what you've seen in the countries. Please keep the news coming! Here in Minnesota it is warming up and the days are slowly getting longer. Every day we hear the drip-drip of melting snow. What a great sound! By the time you get home all the snow should be gone and the days will be long and warm. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it too, Phyl! Love all the updates from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Phyllis. I'm reading too. Keep the entries coming. I try to check each evening. The things you are all seeing are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a parent of a student on the Voyage. I read this and about 70 other SAS 2011 blogs. I think Geezers Gone Wild is one of my favorite. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Phyllis, I read the blog everyday! I missed a few days this past weekend and had a lot of reading to do when I got back on. You guys sure are busy! It sounds like a wonderful trip, I hope I can go someday. You did seem a little nervous about those canoe rides, glad you made it back safe and sound! You picked a great winter to get out of here! Although, it was 50 degrees today, don't worry though, I'm sure the cold will be back soon! Love you! Amy

    ReplyDelete