Thursday, February 3, 2011

SAS Olympics

We have been busy preparing for our opening ceremonies tonight. Our color for the Sea Salts is white, so we are all wearing white shirts, white head bands and arm bands. One of the ladies has written the following song which we will sing to the tune of My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean.

“My bonnie new friends on the ocean
Are traveling to many new lands
Of classes and food there is plenty.
The students and teachers are grand

Bring on! Bring on!
Sights and adventures on land and sea!
Sing on! Sing on!
Life long learner “Sea Salts” are we!”

After singing the song we will chant

“Are we winners?
Well I guess!
Sea Salts! Sea Salts!
Yes! Yes! Yes!”

After that they will start playing Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” and we have an old geezer with one silver glove and a hat dancing to the beat.

It is now 11:00 PM and we just returned from the opening ceremonies and we Sea Salts tied for first place with our songs and cheers. We had taken used plastic laundry bags and cut them up into strips to make pom poms. We old folks cannot yell as loud as the students, but our pom poms were a good visual.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Very creative! Good luck in the events, and show us lots of pictures! I had to do the greased watermelon race (swimming in the pool) in the Olympics because my neighbors signed me up without me knowing! I also played volleyball for my sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! Glad to hear that you are having great time! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete